Embrace the beauty of life with this unique shawl pattern Life in Full Bloom by Alyssa Rasmussen! Knit from our hand-dyed yarns in Bis-sock, Super-sock and Hermione. This mohair-rich project is a surefire way to make any outfit blossom. Make a statement and show your appreciation for all the colors life has to offer!
Each kit includes the Life In Full Bloom pattern as well as 1 skein of Bis-Sock 100g semi-solid color, 1 skein of Bis-Sock (or Super Sock) 100g speckled color and 2 skeins of Hermione kid mohair silk 50g.
- Kit 1 : Bis-Sock Sakura & Vert-Biscotte + Hermione Fraise & Limette
- Kit 2 : Bis-Sock Jasmine & High on life + Hermione Porcelaine + Cantaloup
- Kit 3 : Bis-Sock Uncle Buck & Promise Me + Hermione Betterave & Coupe de feu
- Kit 4 : Bis-Sock Forget me not + Bleusail & Hermione Purple + Gris-gris
- Kit 5 : Bis-Sock Nightingale & Pruneau + Hermione Mammouth & Bisque
- Kit 6 : Super-sock Frida + Bis-sock Lavande & Hermione Aigue-Marine + Denim
You can get the Life In Full Bloom pattern alone right HERE!
In addition to the knitting kit, you will need the following materials to knit the Life In full Bloom shawl:
- Ruffle ribbing: Circular needle – 3.75 mm (US 5) with cable length of 100 cm (40 in), or size needed to obtain gauge
- Other sections: Circular needle –4.0 mm (US 6) with cable length of 100 cm (40 in) and 50 cm (20 in), or size needed to obtain gauge
- Circular needle 4.0 mm (US 6) with small cable length is optional.
- Stitch markers (4)
- Darning needle
- Spare yarn for lifelines (optional)
- Locking stitch markers (optional)
GAUGE: 18 sts and 24 rows = 4”/10 cm in GARTER STITCH blocked
GAUGE NOTE: While gauge is not crucial for this project, variations in gauge, needle type, yarn choice and blocking will affect yardage used and size of finished shawl. Make your swatch large enough to measure the middle section of your work, and until you feel comfortable with the stitches so you can have a more accurate measurement of your tension.
Love this yarn and all the beautiful colors. I can’t wait to start the new pattern.