Get the beautiful Surprise Cowl kit by Louise Robert. This cowl was officially presented in the 2021 Advent Calendar.
This cowl knits up quickly and is great as a gift, even if you're short on time! The cowl is slightly tightened in the middle with cables that give it a Victorian stand-up collar look. Except for the two cabled rounds, this project is easy to make, but you'll have to be a little more careful when knitting the cabled rounds!
This kit includes :
- The Surprise Cowl pattern*.
- One 100g skein of Merino Worsted LRD yarn in Hummus color
- One 25g skein of Hermione yarn in Air du Temps.
In addition to the knitting kit, you need the following materials to knit the Surprise Collar:
- DPN’s or circular needles of 5 mm (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Two cable needles
- One stitch marker
GAUGE : 16 sts x 25 rows = 10 x 10 cm; 4 X 4 in in stockinette stitch with both yarn held together (Merino worsted + Hermione)
SIZE : Circumference of 38 cm ; 15 in (not stretched)
* Patterns will be automatically emailed to you in PDF format once your order is completed. If you would like to receive a paper version with your knitting kit, please mention it in the notes of your order and specify if you prefer the French or English version.
Great! Lovely yarns, nice pattern. Enjoying the knit. Thanks! Jeanne
very very nice pattern and yarn. i would recommend the purchase .