"I can't resist Noro's yarns! When I saw these beautiful colors of Silk Garden Solo, I grabbed my needles and within two days I had finished this soft, warm & cozy hat that I will gladly wear!
In addition to the main color, I decided to use 2 contrasting colors to create the norwegian star but you could use only one contrasting color and one ball of this contrasting color would be enough!" - Louise Robert
▪ Noro SILK GARDEN SOLO [5% soie, 45% Mohair, 10% laine, 101 m / 50 g ]
- Color A : #01; 50g (I used the entire ball so make sure to check your gauge if you don’t want to run out of this color or buy 2 balls to make sure)
- Color B : #31; 50 g (I used 14 g from this ball).
- Color C : #11; 50 g (I used 14 g from this ball).
▪ DPN’s or circular needles of 4.5 mm; US#7 (or size needed to obtain gauge) and 3.75 mm; US#5 (or .75 mm less than size needed to obtain gauge).
▪ Vegan pompon optional: shown in color Mouse Grey
20 sts = 10 cm; 4" in stranded colorwork on 4.5 mm
SIZE : Adult one size - circumference of the headband unstreatched = 44 cm; 17 ½"
This pattern is offered in a numeric PDF format: add it to your cart and follow every step to complete your order: a link to download your pattern will be provided once the order is completed and you will also get this link by email (make sure to check your spams if you can't find the email in your inbox)
2021-11-27: A correction has been made to the chart.
Easy to follow.
I'm not thrilled with the hat shape - kinda pointy and large - but that might be a result of my gauge. I love the snowflake design and the star crown design. I would knit this again with different yarn and probably drop down 1 needle size.
Great pattern thanks
Love this pattern. Comfy to wear and great to knit while riding i n the car.
This hat was well fitting and turned out just beautifully. I am so pleased I tried this pattern and will use it often in the future.