Discover the brand new Sherbrooke Balloon pattern by Donna Estin knitted with Merino Worsted from the Louise Robert Collection.
This intermediate level model is perfect for any event you have on your schedule.
In addition to the pattern, you will need the following materials to knit the Sherbrooke Balloon sweater:
Louise Robert Design Collection – Merino Worsted, (100% Merino Superwash, 200 m / 220 yds, 100g /3.5oz), 8 (8, 9, 10, 10, 11) skeins in Gauguin. Total yarn needed: 1418 (1510, 1616, 1810, 1956, 2072) m / 1550 (1651, 1767, 1980, 2139, 2266) yds of worsted weight yarn.
- 60-80 cm / 24-32” Circular and one set of double pointed needles (dpn) at least 15 cm / 6” long, size 5mm (US #8), (or size needed to obtain gauge).
- 60-80 cm / 24-32” Circular and one set of double pointed needles (dpn), size 4mm (US #6), (or one size smaller than working needle)
- Cable needle
- Spare needle same size or smaller than working needle or waste yarn
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- 19 sts and 28 rows = 10 cm / 4” over St st on larger needles, blocked.
- 20 sts and 28 rows = 10 cm / 4” over Charts A&C on larger needles, blocked.
- One 17-st panel of Chart B = 7.5 cm / 3” on larger needles, blocked.
SIZES : Women’s: S (M, L, 1X, 2X, 3X) – shown in Size S.
Finished Bust Circumference: 104 (112, 122, 132, 145, 152.5) cm / 41 (44, 48, 52, 57, 60)” with 15-18 cm /6-7” of positive ease recommended.
NOTE : Garment is worked flat from the top down, beginning by casting on stitches for each back shoulder, then stitches are cast on for the back neck and the two sides are joined. The back is worked from the top down to the underarm. Shoulder stitches are picked up for the front, which is worked in the same manner as the back, then front and back are joined and worked in the round to the bottom. Stitches for sleeves are picked up around the armhole and worked in the round, increasing to the cuff, then decreased before working the ribbed cuff.
When working with yarns without dye lots, alternate yarns by working 2 rows with one ball and the next 2 rows with a second ball.
This pattern is available in digital PDF format. Add it to your cart and follow all the steps to complete your order. A link to download the pattern will appear on the final screen of your order and will also be sent to you by email. Enjoy!
2022-04-20: Correction made to the finishing of the collar