Ray of Soleil free sweater pattern
Here is an original design to play with Biscotte Yarns and show the world your knitting addiction! This free pattern is an original design by Andrea Yetman.
The body is knit in plain Stockinette Stitch allowing the focus to be on colour play! Also featuring a fluffy Hem and Cuffs you will enjoy knitting this sweater as much as you will love wearing it!
Ray of Soleil was inspired by the desire to knit together a mixture of techniques and play with colour. The yoke features an airy eyelet on bands of Reverse Stockinette, broken up with 2 asymetrical wedges knit in Short Rows. - Andrea
- Biscotte Yarns: DK Pure 238m / 260yds / 90% Merino Superwash and 10% Silk.
- C1 – DK Pure in Seashell (1 skein)
- C2 – DK Pure in Soleil 1(2, 2, 2, 2, 3) skein
- C3 – Dk Pure in Bouclier (1 skein)
- Biscotte Yarns: Bis-sock 400m / 435yds / 85% superwash merino wool and 15% nylon.
- Bis-sock – Seashell (1 skein), Soleil (1skein), Bouclier (1 skein), Gris-Gris (1 skiein)
- Biscotte Yarns: Hermione 840m / 918yds / 75% kid mohair & 25% silk.
- Hermione – Bouclier (1 skein)
- Main Fabric: 4.5mm (US#7)– Circulars of at least 32” (80cm) and preferred needles for small circumference knitting (or size needed to obtain gauge).
- Ribbing: 4mm (US#6)–Circulars of at least 32” (80cm) and preferred needles for small circumference knitting. (3.75mm, 3.5mm, 3.25mm and 3mm needles, for small circumference knitting, was used to decrease the circumference of the cuffs of the sleeves.)
GAUGE 22sts and 28 rows = 10 cm (4”) using larger needles on Stockinette stitch.
SIZES XS (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
This sweater is a circular yoke knit seamless from the top down meant to be worn with approximately 4 – 6 inches; 10 – 15 cm of positive ease. It is knit with a mixture of DK Pure, Bis-Sock held tog double stranded for a marled effect and Hermione double stranded with a single strand of Bis-Sock for the Hem and Cuffs for a beautiful fluffy effect. For a tutorial on knitting Short Rows and how to resolve them on both the knit and the purl side click HERE.
This pattern is available in numeric PDF format. Add it to your cart and follow every steps to place a $0 order. A link to download the pattern will be provided at the last screen of your order and you will also get a link to download the pattern by email.
2019-04-18 C4 - Bis-sock Soleil and Seashell knit together