Inspired by a holiday song I love very much, “Pretty Paper”, I decided to knit this circular yoke with textured stitch designs. The combination of easy to knit sticthes reminded me of the pretty ribbons and bows we use to wrap a gift for that special someone. - Andrea YetmanYARNS
- Louise Robert Design Collection - DK Pure 238m / 260yds / 90% Merino Superwash and 10% Silk.
- Louise Robert Design Collection - Super Sock 400m / 437yds 75% Merino wool, 25% Nylon.
- Biscotte Yarns - Hermione Kid Silk 420m / 459yds 75% Kid Mohair 25% Silk
SAMPLE 1 (above): Super Sock in Parchemin 2 (2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5) skeins, held with Hermoine in Vanilla 2 (2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4) skeins
SAMPLE 2 (below): DK Pure in Bonheur D’occasion – MC 4 (4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7, 7 ) skeins
Hermione + Super Sock:
- Main Fabric: 6mm (US#10)–Circular needles of at least 32” (80cm) and preferred needles for small circumference knitting (or size needed to obtain gauge).
- Ribbing: 4.5mm (US#7)–Circulars of at least 32” (80cm) and preferred needles for small circumference knitting.
- Main Fabric: 4.5mm (US#7)–Circular needles of at least 32” (80cm) and preferred needles for small circumference knitting (or size needed to obtain gauge).
- Ribbing: 4mm (US#6)–Circulars of at least 32” (80cm) and preferred needles for small circumference knitting.
Hermione + Super Sock 17sts and 24 = 10 cm (4”) using larger needles on Stockinette stitch.
DK Pure 21sts and 27 rows = 10 cm (4”) using larger needles on Stockinette stitch.
XS (S, M, L, XL, XXL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL) / 36.5 (38.5, 41.5, 44, 46.5, 50, 55, 59, 61) inches; Finished Bust : 92 (96.5, 103.5, 110.5, 116.5, 124.75, 138, 148, 153) cm
Pretty Ribbons is knit seamless from the top down in a circular yoke construction and meant to be worn with 4 – 6 inches of positive ease. For reference, the samples in the photo are worn with 5 inches of positive ease. Follow the charts for your size and yarn weight. The sample that is knit double stranded with Hermoine and Super Sock is knit on larger needles so that the finished garment is light and airy. The stitch patterns are written and in chart form at the end of the pattern.
This pattern is offered as a PDF document. You must add the pattern to your cart, follow the steps to check out & a link to download the pattern will be emailed to you ♥
Beautiful jumper design, could be worn with jeans or dressed up.
I'm knitting this sweater now and love the way the suggested yarns complement the pattern. Soft, airy, beautiful results! The yoke is fun, varied and is knitting up very quickly. A well written, clear pattern as long as you read it carefully before you begin. This is special! Thanks for this lovely project.
I loved this pattern. I knit the finer yarn pattern but used lace mohair and 3ply Merino held together . I changed the pattern ever so slightly, due to my strangely shaped body. It fits perfectly. I use the knit companion APP on my IPad, which I find helps a lot, when following patterns with a variety of stitch types. I have yarn “waiting”in my stash to knit my next one . This is perfectly pretty :)
Can hardly wait to make it, but right now I am trying to finish my baby projects for up coming great grandchild. It looks like a really fun pattern.