Griffon is our beautiful 100% merino heavy worsted weight yarn !
You will fall in love with this chubby 2 ply hand-dyed yarn because of its texture, its softness and its weight that will allow you to knit all your accessories in no time!
- Composition: 100% merino wool sw
- Quantity: 165 meters (180 yards) per 100 grams skein
- Suggested needles: 5,5 - 6,5 mm (US #9 - 10.5)
- Gauge: 15-16 stitches = 10 cm
- Care: Hand wash in cold water and dry flat (find more info about hand-dyed yarns washing care HERE)
We have a nice collection of patterns to knit with this hand-dyed yarn! Find all the inspiration here : Knitting patterns with Griffon yarn
All the Griffon yarns are lovely to work with, and the colors are gorgeous. I selected this one because I needed the color of the blue sky for my first attempt at a fair isle hat with ocean waves, clouds and sky.
It is soft and a delight to knit with. Perfect for warm winter hats. And the colors are gorgeous.
Very nice yarn
I love this yarn!
This yarn was much heavier than 'worsted' gauge in the US. But it is so vibrant and worked up into brilliant stripes. Lovely!!