While knitting these little townhouses, I thought of a french children's song my mother used to sing to me when I was little and that inspired the name “Les gens de la ville” which means “people in the town”. I found an english version of this song so it goes like this:
« Gathering mussels, mussels, mussels,
I do not want to go, Mommy,
The people in the town, town, town,
Have taken my basket, Mommy.!!"
You will need the following material to knit a pair of mittens:
- SIRIUS [85% merino sw wool & 15% nylon and neps; 400 m / 100g] – 1 skein shown in Chocolat (COLOR A)
- FLAMEL [60% merino sw wool, 20% nylon & 20% alpaca; 400m / 100g] – 1 skein shown in Aigue Marine (COLOR B)
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
- DPN or Circular needles of 2.75 mm (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- One stitch marker.
- One stitch holder or waist yarn.
- One tapestry needle.
GAUGE 38 stitches = 10 cm (4 in) in stranded colorwork after blocking.
SIZE Adult one size.
FINAL DIMENSIONS AFTER BLOCKING
- Wrist circumference : 15 cm (6 in)
- Hand circumference : 18 cm (7 in)
- Height of the hand (after the ribs to the tip) : 18 cm (7 in)
This pattern is available in PDF format: add it to your cart and follow every steps to complete your order. A link to download the pattern will appear on the final screen of your order and you will also get this link by email (look into your spams if you can't find it in our inbox). Enjoy!
2021-10-17: Correction in the finishing section for the thread to be cut.
These mittens came out very cute... although the pattern is 95 percentage in English there are still a couple of instructions in french, but it is easy to figure out
This is a gorgeous pattern, easy to pick so you can take your time and enjoy the knitting fully! A great one for anyone looking for a little more challenging colour work but still with two different yarns only!
I'm not ready to start it yet, but hope to soon. It was a lovely surprise to discover. It appears to be well written and easy to follow.
It is a beautiful pattern to knit. I really enjoyed to knit one for my daughter. She loved it. Thank you.x
delightful well written pattern