Knitting Pattern - Shawl Cabin on Fire
This shawl is an original design from Amy Gunderson for Biscotte Yarns. It was created specifically to highlight our Self-Striping yarn lined with matching semi-solid colors
Depth in Center: 37”/94 cm
Width along Top Edge: 75”/190.5 cm
In addition to the shawl pattern, you will need the following materials to knit Cabin on Fire:
Yarn: 4 skeins of Biscotte Yarns - Bis Sock (85% superwash merino wool, 15% nylon; 100g/435 yds)
- Color A | Bis-Sock Semi-Solid (1 x 100 g) Shown in Coupe de feu
- Color B | Bis-Sock Semi-Solid (1 x 50 g) Shown in Charbon
- Color C | Bis-Sock Self-Striping (1 x 100 g) Shown in Cactus
- Color D | Bis-Sock Self-Striping (1 x 100 g) Shown in Paturage
Notions: 4 stitch markers; tapestry needle, cable needle (cn)
Gauge: 22 sts x 38 rows = 4”/10 cm in garter st
Notes: This shawl is worked in a modular fashion from the top down. You will find a diagram and knitting chart at the end of pattern.
This pattern is sold in numeric PDF format: you will get a link to download the pattern by email and this link will also be provided at the end of your order on the checkout screen.
If you want to buy Cabin on Fire as a knitting kit, you can find it right here: Cabin on Fire shawl Knitting Kit
- Twisted section II edging, row 3: 444 sts instead of 440
- 1x1x1 RC symbol and instruction have been added
- Corrections identified in yellow.
Just getting ready to start - very exciting
Ask me again in a couple of months
I LOVE it. Haven't had a chance to make it yet -
This shawl is amazing looking, and I look forward to knitting my own!