Cotton-Yak / Katia Concept
Katia Cotton-Yak is a new yarn from the Katia yarn concept collection. It offers a very soft and pleasant touch thanks to its composition in cotton, wool and yak, an alternative fiber to cashmere.
Natural yarn with a satinized fibre finish, suitable for all seasons. Cotton-Yak gives between seasons jumpers, knitted jackets and women’s ponchos a fresh soft appearance and handle. The blend of cotton, wool and yak that gives extraordinary results when used for baby clothing and soft blankets.
- Composition: 60% Cotton - 30% Wool - 10% Yak
- Weight / yardage: 1.8 oz (50 g) = approx. 142 yds (130 meters)
- Recommended needle size: US#5-6 / 3.75-4 mm
- Gauge: 22 sts x 28 rows = 10 cm
- Washing Care: Hand wash, max 30 ° C / dry flat
Here are some suggestions of what to knit with Katia's Cotton-Yak yarn:
Such softness! The combination of Yak and cotton is elegant and so pleasing to knit with. I am looking forward to the completion of this project, since it will be so much fun to work with the yarn!