Get the beautiful ART NOUVEAU scarf kit designed by Louise Robert with the soft Dolce yarn from her collection. If you love somptuous soft yarns, you will fall head over heels with this artisanal, 100% brushed cashmere yarn by Louise Robert Design. Whether you are knitting a scarf, a shawl or a sweater, there's nothing better than a beautifully crafted yarn designed by a passionate knitter for knitting enthusiasts.
"This scarf pattern is inspired by the aestheticism of the Art Nouveau movement and more particularly by Charles Rennie Mackintosh whom I admire very much. Since I wanted to use up all this exquisite cashmere yarn, I used the leftover from the scarf to knit a hat which pattern is available as a bonus at the end of this document." - Louise
The kit includes :
- The knitting pattern ART NOUVEAU
- Louise Robert Collection - DOLCE (100 brushed cashmere; 235 meters / 256 yards per 50g skein). Color A : 1 skein (shown in Absinthe)
- Louise Robert Collection - DOLCE (100 brushed cashmere; 235 meters / 256 yards per 50g skein). Color B : 1 skein (shown in Chardon)
- Louise Robert Collection - DOLCE (100 brushed cashmere; 235 meters / 256 yards per 50g skein). Color C : 1 skein (shown in Avoine)
In addition to the knitting kit, you need the following materials to knit your ART NOUVEAU scarf and hat pattern:
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
- Circular needle of 3.75 mm; US-#5 needles with a cable length of 100 cm; 40".
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
GAUGE : 25 stitches = 10 cm in stockinette stitch
FINAL SIZE : Width: 23 cm; 9 inches x Length: 132cm; 52 inches
NOTE : This scarf is worked lengthwise in 3 sections. In the first section, the leaves are created by working short rows according to the German Short Rows (GSR) method. You will find more information about this technique at the end of the pattern, including a link to a video tutorial.
Can’t believe you cast on 300 stitches but love the yarn
Exciting pattern especially when paired with the Dolce yarn. Magnificent combo!! Instructions are very clear and easy to follow. All stitches well explained. Brilliant to work up.