"The 2 make a pair" socks designed by Stephanie Voyer are knit with a set of Mini-Metamorph (2x 50g) and each sock is knit using the inside and the outside of the same ball to form gradient stripes.
- Biscotte Yarns – Bis-Sock Mini-Metamorph (2 x 50g) illustrated in the color Passion Fruit
- Set of 5 double-pointed needles (or circular needles for knitting in the round) 2.25 mm or 2.5mm
- Small (Medium, Large)
- Circumference of foot : 17.5 (20, 22.5) cm - 6 7/8 (7 3/4, 8 5/8)²
- Length of foot : adjustable
- 32 sts X 40 rows = 10 cm – 4²
NOTE : Before you start, you will need to determine what will be color 1 (C1) for the ribbing, heel and toe; then color 2 (C2) for the stripes.
To maximize the effect of the gradient colors, we suggest to use the complete ball : the longer the leg, the more we will see the range of colors (be careful to reserve the amount of yarn necessary to knit the heel and the foot.)
This pattern can be worked with a set of 5 double-pointed needles or circular needles. In the case of double-pointed needles, spread half the stitches on needles 1 and 2 and the other half of the stitches on needles 3 and 4.
Really like this pattern. Just learned how to properly do a sock and used this one to improve. Thanks.
Great pattern and easy to follow
I love this pattern! It is absolutely perfect for long gradient yarns, and makes a very charming pair of socks. The pattern is also very well written and easy to follow -- try it, you won't be disappointed!
Love this pattern. Easy to follow, fun to knit.
The 2 make a pair