Envelop your feet in elegance with this gorgeous Depth of Field sock knitting kit by Lauren Rad. Knitted with Louise Robert's hand-dyed yarn and featuring a luxurious cabled stitch pattern, this cuff-down sock design is available in three sizes, creating a perfect, sophisticated fit. Enjoy a refined experience with every wear.
"In photography, the depth of field refers to the distance between the closest and most distant objects that are both in focus in an image. A shallow depth of field will only focus on a narrow range of items, and everything else will be blurry. Photos with greater depth of field will have more things in focus and very little will be blurred. The cables on these socks were a fun excuse to experiment with depth of field while photographing them." - Lauren Rad
WITH THIS KNITTING KIT, YOU GET:
- Louise Robert Yarns Collection – Super Sock [75% Merino SW and 25% Nylon, 400 m / 437 yds, 100 g / 3.5 oz] in the color of your choice among the following: Marie-Antoinette (original color on the photo), Sarrasin, Oatmeal, York, Troubled Water.
- Depth of Field sock pattern in PDF format (a link to download your pattern will be provided once the order is completed, and you will also get this link by email - make sure to check your spam if you can't find the email in your inbox)
IN ADDITION TO THIS KNITTING KIT YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING MATERIAL TO KNIT THESE SOCKS:
- Circular or DPN’s needles of 2.5 mm (US 1.5).
- One stitch marker for beginning of round; optional additional markers between pattern repeats
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
S, M, L. Finished sock dimensions: 18 cm (7”), 20 cm (8”), 23 cm (9”) circumference (Note: most people like their socks snug, so choose a finished sock size that is slightly smaller than your actual foot).
10 cm (4”) square = 34 stitches x 41 rows in stockinette in the round after blocking.
Intermediate. Techniques: cables, decreases, knitting in the round, stockinette grafting.
2023-08-01: correction to the chart to reflect written instructions.