This sweater truly is my most favorite addition to my knit wardrobe. I love to knit stranded colorwork! The colorwork that I enjoy the most are small repeats where there is no concern about long floats or the fabric bunching up, and I find using multiple colors so satisfying. So, I decided to take what I love most about the autumn season (the colors), stranded colorwork (small colorful repeats), and the comfortable style of this construction (circular) to create the Role Model Yoke sweater. - Andrea
KNITTING KITS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE HERE
Louise Robert Design: DK Pure 238m / 260yds / 90% Merino Superwash and 10% Silk.
- Green Grows – MC 3 (4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6) skeins.
- Cutch – 1 skein for all sizes.
- Loch –1 skein for all sizes.
- Botticelli – 1 skein for all sizes.
- Van Gogh – 1 skein for all sizes.
- Absinthe – 1 skein for all sizes.
Biscotte Yarns: DK Pure 238m / 260yds / 90% Merino Superwash and 10% Silk.
- Chocolate – 1 skein for all sizes.
- Main Fabric: 4.5mm (US#7)–Circular needles of at least 32” (80cm) and preferred needles for small circumference knitting (or size needed to obtain gauge).
- Ribbing: 4mm (US#6)–Circular needles of at least 32” (80cm) and preferred needles for small circumference knitting.
- Stitch holder or scrap yarn
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
21sts and 27 rows = 10 cm (4”) using larger needles on Stockinette stitch.
SIZES 1 (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
To fit bust circumference of 34 (36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 48, 51, 55)".
Finished bust circumference 38 (40, 44, 46.5, 50, 52.5, 54, 56, 60)".
The Role Model Yoke is knit seamless from the top down in a circular yoke construction and meant to be worn with 4 – 6 inches of positive ease. Follow the charts at the end of the pattern to see what colors are to be used for each section. For tips on knitting colorwork check out my blog post HERE.
This pattern is offered as a PDF document. You must add the pattern to your cart, follow the steps to check out & a link to download the pattern will be emailed to you ♥
The patten is wonderful. Well written and easy understood.
This is a DK yoke sweater and I love the pattern. It is an ambitious undertaking and I have not attempted it yet. As always, it is a well written and beautiful design from Biscotte yarns.
Well- written pattern with a great layout... just finished the colorwork yoke and am on to the short rows!! What a fun and lovely knit - great way to use up some stash yarn...really enjoying it...
Role Model Yoke | Pullover Knitting Pattern