We are pleased to present the new Courage toque designed by Patrick Knits! Knitted with DK Pure from Les Laines Biscotte and Dk Pure from Louise Robert Design, this pattern is offered to you for free to raise awareness for a special cause!
This pattern is inspired by a knitter and friend of Biscotte's, Martine, who participates in the Circuit Blue and sells hand-knitted toques to raise funds for the Charles Bruneau Foundation. For those who do not yet know her, this foundation is an organization that helps children with pediatric diseases. We raise our hat to Martine for her involvement and we invite you to encourage her in her fundraising efforts with a donation on LE CIRCUIT BLEU and on her Facebook page.
In addition to the knitting pattern, you will need the following materials to knit the Hat Courage:
- MC: 1 skein of DK Pure BISCOTTE YARNS (90% merino superwash, 10% silk. 238 m / 260 yds / 115g skein
- CC: 1 skein of DK Louise Robert Collection (90% merino superwash, 10% silk. 119 m / 130 yds / 50g skein
- Circular or DPN needles of 3.5 mm (US size 4) and 4mm (US size 6) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- stitch marker
- Tapestry needle to weave-in the ends.
- 2 stitch holder
- Pompom shown in recycled fur (optional)
SIZE: Adult medium
GAUGE: 12 stitches = 2 inches in stockinette st.
The colors of our illustrated models: Shop them here!
- Red Model: Dk Pure Fontainebleau + Dk Pure Imperatrice
- Black and white model: Dk Pure Salt and Pepper + Dk Pure Mouton Noir
- Yellow Model: Dk Pure Madame B + Dk Pure Ombrage
This pattern is offered as a PDF document. You must add the pattern to your cart, follow the steps to check out & a link to download the pattern will be emailed to you ♥
Good Knitting! ♥
Was a real fun pattern to work with. Hoping daughter will love it
Love the hat! And the yarn is so soft and cozy. Knits up very well!
This is a great pattern, and I love the inspiration behind the design. <3
Love the pattern and the story behind it