Perfect for cool-weather comfort, a wonderful cardigan pattern by Andrea Yetman♥
This cardigan is knit seamless from the bottom up to the point of separating for the sleeves where the front pieces and back are then knit flat. The shoulder stitches are binded off using the 3 Needle Bind Off and stitches are picked up for the sleeve and knit in the round. The drop shoulder style has very little shaping making it an ideal knit for a beginner. This cardigan is meant to be worn with 10 – 12 inches of positive ease. There are 6 colors used for the stripes, which change every 12 rows. Feel free to play with the stripes making them different widths and using as many different colors as you like!
To knit the Color Your World Cardigan you will need:
- Biscotte Yarns: DK Pure 238m / 260yds / 90% Merino Superwash and 10% Silk.
- Biscotte Yarns: Bis-sock 400m / 435yds / 85% superwash merino wool and 15% nylon.
- Biscotte Yarns: Hermione 840m / 918yds / 75% kid mohair and 25% silk.
COLOURS USED IN PHOTO
- C1 : DK Pure – Vanilla 2 (2, 3, 3, 3, 4) skeins
- C2 : DK Pure – Poire 1 (1, 2, 2, 3, 3) skiens
- C3 : Bis-Sock - Bisque - HELD WITH 2 STRANDS OF Hermoine – Bisque, so 3 skeins total
- C4: DK Pure – Acajou 1 (1, 2, 2, 3, 3) skeins
- C5 : DK Pure – Caramel 1 (1, 2, 2, 3, 3) skeins
- C6 : DK Pure – Soleil 1 (1, 2, 2, 3, 3) skeins
- Main Fabric: 4.5mm (US#7)–Circular needles of at least 32” (80cm) and DPNs or preferred needles for small circumference knitting. (or size needed to obtain gauge).
- Ribbing: 4mm (US#6)– Circular needles of at least 32” (80cm) and DPNs or preferred needles for small circumference knitting.
GAUGE - 21sts and 28 rows = 10 cm (4”) using larger needles in Stockinette stitch.
This pattern is offered free of charge as a PDF document. You have to add this pattern to your cart and follow every step to place a $0 order and a link to download the pattern will be sent by email. Enjoy!
Follow us on Instagram @biscotteyarns and use the following hashtags to see what other knitters have shared!
Now to find time to knit it!
Is this the most perfect cardigan, ever? Yes it is.
I'm almost finished and cant wait to wear my striped cardigan.
Thanks for the pattern, I liked it immediately because it is a garment that can be worn on many occasions: it is practical, it gives a nice touch of color, it is easy to make, it is wearable with different types of clothing in short, it is a very versatile cardigan and comfortable. I will realize it soon.
I love this pattern! It's going to be one of my "go to" for stash shopping (-;= or being able to pull together a capsule wardrobe- not to mention being oh so cozy!
Pattern easy to read and clearly written.