Discover here the latest knitting pattern signed by Louise Robert. This yoke-style pattern was created to celebrate the launch of the new Merino Worsted wool, a new addition to her collection of hand-dyed yarns!
"Just like a sea anemone that anchors itself to the rocks to undulate with the rhythm of the ocean, the stitch pattern of this sweater starts at the base of the neckline to unfold gracefully, carried by the sea current all the way to the end." - Louise
YARNLouise Robert Design – MERINO WORSTED (100% merino; 218 yds (200 m) / 100g skein) 4 (4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9). Model shown in colour Ecume, size 4 and Cobalt, size 1.
- Circular needles of 5 mm (US #8); or the size needed to obtain gauge. Suggested cable length: 32" (80 cm).
- Circular needles of 4.5 mm (US #7) or 0.5 mm less than needle size to get gauge.
- Stitch markers: 5 to 15 identical markers (preferably removable markers for the sleeves) + 1 different marker to identify the BOR.
- Stitch holder or a scrap yarn to put the sleeves on hold.
- Row counter (optional)
- Tapestry needle
GAUGE - 18 sts & 24 rows = 4" (10cm) in stockinette stitch.
SIZES - 1 (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) More info on schematic page 7
Bust final circumference (to be worn with 2" to 4" of positive ease):
- 33 ¾ (37 ¼, 41 ¾, 43 ½, 46 ¼ , 49 ¾, 52 ½, 56, 58 ¾, 62 ¼) inches.
- 5 (94.5, 106, 110.5, 117.5, 126.5, 133.5, 142, 149, 158, 174) cm.
This sweater is a circular yoke worked from the top down with an open ballerina style neckline style and ¾ sleeves but you may also opt for a full-length sleeve if you prefer this style. There is no extra length added for the back of the neck: the back and the front of this yoke are identical. I recommend using stitch markers between each pattern repeat. This sweater is designed to be worn with 2" to 4" of positive ease so you must choose a final size that is 2" to 4" larger than your actual bust circumference.
When working with hand-dyed yarns, even when they are all from the same dye lot, I recommend that you always alternate between two skeins at every round.
This pattern is offered as a PDF document. You must add the pattern to your cart, follow the steps to check out & a link to download the pattern will be emailed to you ♥
This pattern is well written. I have not started this project yet, but I am looking forward to using worsted wool for this sweater, it is lovely and graceful.