This hand-dyed artisanal yarn is no ordinary knitting yarn: the designer behind the knitting patterns Louise Robert Design meticulously created this beautiful collection.
It's by studying the color pallets that represent her life and career over the years that designer Louise Robert was able to imagine all of the variety available in these hand-dyed artisanal yarns.
ANDREA is the color designed by Andrea Yetman during her most recent visit to our dye studio. The distance between Andrea (from Newfoundland) and I (from Québec) has not prevented us from befriending each other and this beautiful friendship has, for over a year now, brought life to many yarns and knitting creations! - Louise
- Composition: 70% Merino wool, 30% Hemp
- Quantity (Weight): 100 grams, 3,5 oz
- Length: 300 meters (328 yds)
- Gauge: 22 - 24 stitches = 10 cm (4 in)
- Needles: 3,5 mm (US #4)
- Care: Machine wash on gentle cycle in cold water. Machine dry: This yarn has the property of stretching a lot when wet and regaining its shape when machine dried. If, after several washes/machine dryings, you notice that the garment has shrunk a bit, spray it with a little water and dry it flat, stretching it to the desired dimensions.
I bought two of them to compliment a turquoise colored yarn I already had to make the Brick Pullover. It is really blossoming into quite an exquisite top! So happy with my purchase and would definitely buy it again.
The yarn with the hemp fibers is soft and pleasant to work with for knitting.
The yarn is great to work. The color is very consistent from skein to skein.
As stated before, in my previous reviews, your beautiful yarn is in my to do basket, awaiting initiation of the project. You know, typical knitter. I don’t ever want to run out so I have something to do when I finish a project, and, that is happening very soon as I am completing a sweater and only have one sleeve to go!
This is such a pretty color of yarn it has lots of variety from rosy to fuschia and I love the softness of the yarn too