Knitting Designers Wanted
Posted on January 19 2017
We are always looking for knitting designers to create accessories and clothing patterns using Biscotte hand-dyed yarns.
OUR YARNS INSPIRES YOU?
We are always looking for new knitting patterns. It can be any type of garment: hat, mittens, socks, sweater, cardigan, shawl and baby/child garments as well.
You can use any yarn from our hand-dyed yarn collection and if you need a specific color (semi-solid, speckled and/or self-striping) we will do our best to suits your needs.
Since our speciality is self-striping yarn, we like to get designs submissions in which self-striping colors are integrated in an original way. That said, the use of self-striping yarn is not mandatory: you are free to choose any colors that inspire you. We want you to have fun and and unleash your creativity!
$250 to $++++ Please make an offer, we are open to negotiations and we will consider all submissions. Conditions mentioned below can be negotiated.
Compensation depends on several factors:
• The copyright agreement
• The garment type and complexity of design
• Experience of the designer
• Your visibility as a designer: renowned designers within the knitting industry offer us greater exposure.
• We can add a bonus If you provide professional quality photos and/or French version of the pattern (a lot of our customers speaks French and we usually translate all our pattern for them).
• Full copyright means that we irrevocably buy full exclusivity to use and sell the pattern. Yarn is sent free of charge and usually final garment must be returned to us when design is done. You get paid within 30 days of receipt of sample and written pattern.
• Shared copyright means that we buy and share copyrights with you so we both get the right to use and sell the pattern. We usually get the exclusivity for a period of time (ex: 6-12 months). Yarn is sent free of charge and usually final garment must be returned to us when design is done. You get paid within 30 days of receipt of sample and written pattern.
• Yarn support means that we send you the yarn free of charge but you still own the copyright. With this type of agreement, you usually do not get paid except for the yarn itself and you can keep the garment. In exchange for this, we get our yarns advertised within your own network.
Please include a sketch and/or sample picture describing the item. You will need to write a full pattern (including any alternative sizes when applicable) and knit a sample. We will take care of tech editing and photography.
Pattern must be sent in word (.doc) format and any sketch or chart sent in .jpg, .gif or pdf format. Please include links to any previously published patterns on Ravelry and any social media accounts you might have.
PLEASE SEND SUBMISSIONS BY EMAIL
WHEN YOUR SUBMISSION IS ACCEPTED
You will need to write a full pattern (including any alternative sizes), knit a sample and send the knitted sample back to us. We take care of tech editing and photography (unless otherwise stated). Pattern must be sent in word (.docx) format and any sketch or chart sent in jpg, gif, png or pdf format. Upon returning us the knitted project, please indicate on the commercial invoice the value of the yarn only. Do not add the cost of design and/or knitting: just the yarn value of the final garment and country of origin, which is Canada. This will avoid paying for unnecessary custom duties.
After the due date, when all knitted garments from every designer are received, we will send a publication schedule to let you know when your pattern will be launched. We will work on your design (tech editing and translation) few weeks prior the publication date and we may have to contact you during this period if we need more info or clarification about the design.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF WHO WE ARE
We are a family business who specializes in hand-dyed yarns and knitting designs since 2007. Our speciality is hand-dyed self-striping yarns and we also do semi-solid and speckled yarns. Besides our online websites (CAN and USA), we have a mailing list with tens of thousands subscribers and we wholesale our yarns everywhere around the world.
Our yarns has been shown and reviewed in several websites and magazines as Interweave, Vogue Knitting, Knitty.com etc.
We will look forward to hear from you!