Get your sock knitting kit now on your favorite knitting website.
"This pattern was originally created for Biscotte Yarns Mystery Sock Club in August 2012. Ten years later, I'm happy to offer a revised version where the charts have been improved for easier reading.
Since the main chart is a pattern that develops on a purled background, I have changed the symbol representing these stitches to a white tile. I also added colors to the various cable symbols so that they can be more easily identified." - Louise
The kit includes :
- The knitting pattern : August Pocus
- COLLECTION LOUISE ROBERT - Super Sock [75% merino, 25% nylon, 400 m / 100 g] for the main color (shown in BROOKE)
- BISCOTTE YARNS – Bis-Sock [85% merino, 15% nylon, 400 m /100 g] 50g for the contrasting color (shown in self-striping Autorayante™ ADELE)
- 20 beads size 6/0
In addition to the knitting kit, you will need the following materials to knit your August Pocus socks.
- DPN or circular needle of #US 1.5 (2.5 mm) or size to obtain gauge.
- Cable needle
- A crochet or any other tool to bead the stitches.
GAUGE : 32 stitches = 4 inches in stockinette stitch.
SIZES : Small (medium, large). Circumference of the leg (unstretched) is 18.75 (21.25, 23.75) cm
NOTES This model is worked from the toes-up to the ribs. It was knitted using the « magic loop » method with half of the stitches on needle 1 and the second half on needle 2.
If you prefer to use double pointed needles, you might divide your stitches in two equal halves in order to follow the instructions.
To bead the stitches, I recommand this tutorial: How to bead a stitch.
When you pick this yarn up you immediately know its the BEST.
Just the cutest pair of socks ever, so happy I joined the sock club
Socks, real nice yarn
Great yarn. Love the softness of the fibers.
Fun pattern to make.